I had more than 1000 unrad mail mesages as unread. It seemed always irritating for me when ever i open my gmail. All were spams and unwanted messages. Anyway i got this tip to make all read. Here it goes………
- Go to your Settings/Filters page and create a new filter.
- In the Has the words field enter “is:unread” (without quotes), and click the Next Step button.
- You’ll get a message warning you that this type of filter won’t be applied to new mail, but that’s OK. Click OK to continue.
- Check the boxes next to Mark as read and Also apply filter to … conversations below.
- Click Create Filter button, and you’re done. You might want to should delete the filter once you finish since it won’t be needing it anymore.