With the pressurized life style it becomes unavoidable to travel somewhere remote to get some good rest and happiness. Though I run my own business with no enough time for entertainment, time to time I try my level best to travel to explore new places in Sri Lanka.
Hence I have decided to add something about my trips in my blog in addition to the usual marketing, entrepreneurship and management related blog posts. I have named this interesting column as “My Travel Diary”.
Officially this will be the first post about my latest trip to down-south. People who are planning to go on Trips in Sri Lanka generally choose down-south as their preferred destination. The place I visited is a hotel in Balapitiya located in the frequent down-south route passing Ahungalla.
It was a memorable trip of mine and my wife’s with plenty of heartwarming experiences. This property is called Shinagawa Beach Resort that belongs to Asia Leisure PLC. Already I have visited this hotel during January 2014 for a spend the day with some of my friends. But this time I was there on a full board basis. If I want to express my stay at Shinagawa in one word I would say “Amazing”.
My Deluxe room was splendidly spacious with a comfy king sized bed with an attached ultramodern washroom. The usual star class hotel facilities such as LED TV, complimentary WiFi, private balcony, pool, restaurant, minibar, room service etc. were there. But the unusual thing about the hotel is the peace of mind it gives to the guests. This property is an ocean front hotel that gives a breathtaking panoramic view of Indian Ocean.
I would like to list down few things that gave me some great experience at Shinagawa:
- I have been to several hotels, but not seen a courtesy levels of staff this high. Starting from the front office staff to room cleaners I didn’t expect a higher level of empathy level. I had a chance to chat with the front Office Manager, Executive Chef, Stewards etc. and they were so passionate about what they do.
- Not like other hotels, at Shinagawa you experience healthy set menu. As the hotel is mainly visited by European guests, they organise set menus (most of the time a seven course meal) than buffets. I was discussing with the Executive Chef Mahesh, who was going here and there to receive some appreciations from the local and foreign guests. He said that himself and the Food and Beverage Manager decide the daily menu based on the type of guests accommodated. A simple one word that expresses about the food served would be “Awesome”. It is 100% guaranteed that you will have a very delicious menu that is completely different from the conventional buffet lunch or dinner or breakfast.
3. The surrounding of the hotel is also enjoyable, we were spending more time in the beach as well as in the naturally made pool with the beach that in the room.
4. Sea view of the hotel is simply amazing. The balconies of the hotel are facing the sea. All the times staying in the balcony while the soft sea breeze embraces you give a refreshing feeling.
A Golden Evening at Shinagawa
4. A naturally made pool along the sea gives an enjoyment for better sea bathing even though the sea is rough.
5. Collecting corals is one of the best entertainers that I enjoyed there.
If you feel you need more information about this hotel please do call me on 94 71 303 2422 🙂